- NPE-300, NPE-300=, NPE300
- This Cisco NPE-300 Network Processing Engine is manufactured by Cisco. This is used in stock and can ship today.
- The NPE-300 has two system controllers that provide processor access to the two midplane and single I/O controller PCI buses. The system controller also allows port adapters on either of the two midplane PCI buses to access SDRAM. The NPE-300 uses SDRAM for storing all packets received or sent from network interfaces. The SDRAM also stores routing tables and network accounting applications. Two independent SDRAM memory arrays in the system allow concurrent access by port adapters and the processor. The NPE-300 has a fixed configuration caveat with the first 32MB SIMM. The NPE-300 does not have packet SRAM. The NPE-300 has three levels of cache: a primary and a secondary cache that are internal to the microprocessor, and a tertiary, 2-MB external cache that provides additional high-speed storage for data and instructions.
- Device Type: Control processor
- Processors Installed: 1 x RM7000 262 MHz RISC
- Max Supported Qty: 1
- RAM Installed ( Max ): 64 MB ( 286 MB ) - SDRAM
- Flash Memory Installed (Max): 512 KB ( 512 KB ) - ROM (boot)
- Form Factor: Plug-in module
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP
- Expansion Slots Total (Free): 3 ( 1 ) x memory
- Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
- The NPE-300 carries a MemoryTen 90 days exchange or repair warranty against manufacturing defects. It may also be returned in original condition within 14 days of delivery for full credit minus shipping. We also supply unlimited lifetime tech support for this item.
- Compatible with Cisco 7200 series.