Reasons to recyle your memory:
- Your older memory contains environmently toxic levels of lead.
Most old memory contains lead and cannot be disposed of in normal landfills.
- The manufacture of memory requires the production of toxic waste and the intensive use of energy.
Make sure your memory is reused to reduce the pollution and wasted effort of producing new memory.
- Your memory is worth money.
We can offer credit for much of the older memory you may have. Example: 256MB PC100 SDRAM DIMM in good condition is worth $20 as trade in credit. This is memory which may be ten years old!
- We recycle all non-usuable memory.
Even if your memory is too old to be used, we extract all the metals in the module in an environmentally acceptable manner. Nothing goes to waste.
The basic rules are as follows:
- Customer must have a fully paid and shipped order.
- Customer will receive refund or credit within 2 weeks of return.
- We do not process trade-ins as credit on a new order, we process it as refund to previous order.
RMA will process the Trade In as a credit and accounting will then process payment for that credit as they do now.
For the customer here is the process.
The process to sell us your RAM is as follows.
1. Purchase the memory (RAM and/or Flash) you need.
2. Receive and install the new memory (RAM and/or Flash) and save the packaging.
3. For Trade-In returns simply print a copy of your invoice, write TRADE-IN across the page and the outside of the package and include it with your merchandise return and mail to the address provided on the invoice.
RMA is not needed for trade-in.
We will issue a refund payment to you by check from one of our sister companies who handle the recycling of memory products. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an estimate of the credit value but it usually is about 40% of the price we list at the web site or current open market prices for older items (smaller older items will usually yield a smaller Trade-in, as low as 25% of current listed price for 16MB and 32MB modules)
NEW - Due to the high cost of processing refunds you will only receive store credit for Trade-ins of $10 or less. This store credit will may be used on your next call in purchase. Optionally you may wait until you accumulate more than $10 of Trade-in value before returning goods to us.
- Even if your memory is not usable, you may still send it to us for free disposal.
- The EOC has legislated that from July 1, 2006 all memory must now meet RoHS standards of maximum toxic metal content.