- This hard disk drive may be pulled from working systems and is manufactured by IBM. This HDD is in stock and can ship today.
- The IBM 10K. 4 drive the world's first 2.5-inch, 10K-RPM, enterprise drive is optimal for enterprise OEMs and system designers who want to build more competitive, high capacity, low power, SFF storage solutions. It is the world's first drive to support a 2M-hour mean time between failures (MTBF). An annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.44 percent a staggering 20 percent improvement over previous generations further extends the
IBM family's field proven, industry leading reliability. A head ramp load/unload feature moves the arms and heads away from the media for improved device handling. The
IBM 10K. 4 drive is the second generation to support 6Gb/s SAS, with dual-port communications to improve interface reliability, speed, data integrity and system scalability. It is also the world's first 10K-RPM, 2.5-inch hard drive to offer fiber channel interface support (4Gb/s FC).
Using 50 percent less power than a 3.5-inch 15K drive, the IBM 10K. 4 drive is energy efficient. The PowerChoice feature for T10-compliant power management lets customers tailor systems to user defined performance and power consumption goals. The
IBM 10K. 4 drive also offers Protection Information (PI) and Self Encrypting Drive (SED) options for improved data integrity and data-at-rest security. The PI feature detects corruption of data in flight between the host system and the drive. The TCG-compliant SED option secures data at rest - reducing end-user drive retirement costs while lowering the risk of unauthorized data breaches throughout the device's lifecycle.
- Capacity: 600GB
- Interface: SAS 6.0Gb/s
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Cache: 16MB
- Spin Speed: 10000RPM
- Average Seek Time: 3.89ms
- Average Write Time: 4.54ms
- Average Latency: 3ms
- Drive Transfer Rate: 6Gb/s
- Reduces end-user cooling and energy costs with SFF and low power consumption.
- Features PowerChoice technology for T10 compliant power management, empowering IT organizations
to tailor systems for performance and power consumption.
- Detects corruption of data in flight between the host system and the drive with the Protection
Information (PI) option.
- Improves device handling reliability with the head ramp load/unload feature.
- The 49Y2003 carries a MemoryTen 5 years exchange or repair warranty against manufacturing defects. It may also be returned in original condition within 14 days of delivery for full credit minus shipping. We also supply unlimited lifetime tech support for this item.
- Compatible with IBM BladeCenter HS12 (1916, 8014, 8028-xxx), BladeCenter HS22 (7870-xxx) (DDR3-1066MHz), BladeCenter HS22 (7870-xxx) (DDR3-1333MHz), BladeCenter HS22V (7871), BladeCenter HS22 (7870-xxx) (DDR3-1333MHz), BladeCenter HS12 (1916, 8014, 8028-xxx).
- 033111, 040111, 042911