| Machine name: IBM BladeCenter LS42|
CPU options: AMD Opteron (Socket F)
- ACP quad-core Series 8384 2.7GHz or Series 8380 2.5GHz Opteron processor
- ACP quad-core Series 8376 2.3GHz or Series 8374 2.2GHz Opteron processor
Front Side Bus options:
Memory Speed options: PC2-5300 DDR2-667 240pin Registered ECC SDRAM DIMM
- Mfgr's System p/n's: 7902-xxx
- This system can support both the Non-Chipkill and Chipkill memory. When mixing Chipkill and Non-Chipkill kits, the system will not perform the Chipkill function.
- Four DIMM slots are available to each processor. A one-processor configuration can access memory from 4 DIMMs; a two-processor configuration can access 8 DIMMs, etc.
- The LS42 supports Chipkill ECC technology (using 1GB or larger DIMMs), for up to 16X better error correction than standard ECC memory.