- Cheetah drives combine giant magnetoresistive (GMR) heads, partial response/maximum likelihood (PRML) read channel electronics, embedded servo technology, and a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface to provide high performance, high capacity data storage for a variety of systems including engineering workstations, network servers, mainframes, and supercomputers. The Serial Attached SCSI interface is designed to meet next-generation computing demands for performance, scalability, flexibility and high-density storage requirements.
Cheetah drives are random access storage devices designed to support the Serial Attached SCSI Protocol as described in the ANSI specifications, this document, and the SAS Interface Manual (part number 100293071)which describes the general interface characteristics of this drive. Cheetah drives are classified as intelligent peripherals and provide level 2 conformance (highest level) with the ANSI SCSI-1 standard. The SAS connectors, cables and electrical interface are compatible with Serial ATA (SATA), giving future users the choice of populating their systems with either SAS or SATA hard disc drives. This allows you to continue to leverage your existing investment in SCSI while gaining a 3Gb/s serial data transfer rate..
- Capacity: 300GB
- Form Factor: 3.5"
- Interface: SAS 3Gb/s
- Cache: 16MB
- Spin Speed: 15000RPM
- ECC maximum burst correction length of 320 bits
- Programmable auto write and read reallocation
- Average latency: 2.0msec
- maximum instantaneous data transfers: 300 Mbytes/sec
- Power Save
- Background Media Scan (BGMS)
- Drive Self Test (DST)
- Dynamic spindle brake
- Zone bit recording (ZBR)
- MTBF: 1,400,000 hour
- The SGTE-300GB-SAS35 carries a MemoryTen lifetime exchange or repair guarantee against manufacturing defects. It may also be returned in original condition within 14 days of delivery for full credit minus shipping. We also supply unlimited lifetime tech support for this item.
- 070810, 102910, 120210, 011411, 042611, 070511, 120111, 122111, 022312